|Business Administration Trainee|
|Business Admin Trainee OR Business Admin Worker – Lendlease HMAS Cerberus – Hastings – Full Time
Lendlease are currently completing a large construction project for Defence (DoD) in Hastings (HMAS Cerberus Barracks) the project will last 2 to 3 years.
This is one job, that can be either for a trainee or experienced admin worker.
The trainee through training will be responsible for supporting the daily operations of the office including reception, centre facilities, customer service and general administration. This role requires a self-motivated person who is organised and able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people and organisations in a welcoming and supportive manner. OR This job could also be for an experienced Business Admin Worker, someone that is looking at returning to the local work force. This position is either a 12-month traineeship or 12-month full time contracted position. Position would ideally develop into a career and continue after 12 months being employed by Lendlease for the right person.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES;
TEAM WORK AND ACCOUNTABILITY;
• Work collaboratively within team to achieve common goals and contribute towards continual improvement initiatives
• In collaboration with the manager, set goals and objectives to ensure outcomes are met
• Model the values and adhere to the Code of Ethical Behaviour in everyday work practices
• Maintain a safe work environment and ensure steps are taken to prevent unsafe work practices in accordance with Brotherhood policies and procedures
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION TASKS;
• Maintain office filing and database systems, storing information accurately and safely.
• Assist in financial processing to ensure expenses, credit bills, invoices and timesheets are processed and are in line with contractual obligations
• Assist in the preparation of correspondence, documents, document control, reports, presentations, and/or publications relevant to the project’s operations.
• Provide administrative support which may include arranging and attending meetings, conferences, functions, taking and distributing minutes, and making travel and accommodation arrangements.
• Provide customer service to the client, external vendors, subcontractors, and community stakeholders as required
• Assist other team members with data systems and programs.
• Assist with organising the office processes, workspace, office supplies and equipment.
• Perform all duties in accordance with company policies, processes, reporting, systems and procedures
• Co-ordinate security access and passes
• Other duties as directed
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY;
• All staff have as a minimum the following responsibilities with regard to Occupational Health and Safety:
• Following safe work procedures and practices in accordance with current operating procedures
• Taking reasonable care for the health and safety of self and others who may be affected by their conduct in the workplace
• Seeking guidance for all new or modified work practices
• Formal reporting line to the team lead Construction Manager
• Day to day management line to Commercial Manager
• Working closely in commercial team with Contracts and Project Administrators
• Part of Victorian Commercial/Administration Peer Group (across all projects)
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA;
• Good computer skills, including a working knowledge of MS Office Software
• Displays appropriate organizational, prioritizing and time management skills
• Self-motivation, with the ability to interact with and contribute to a team
• Displays appropriate interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrates customer service skills
• Positive attitude, willingness to learn
• Must be Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident
• For trainee No Previous Certificate 3 qualification (unless part of VCAL and will need to provide evidence)
• No restriction with age
• Candidate Cohort – Open, from disadvantaged, refugee, migrant, Indigenous person, person with disability etc
SECURITY POLICE CHECK;
• It can take 6 weeks from the processing of an application to be granted access to the base by DoD. Must be Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident
• Full time 38hrs per week
• Flexibility with hours and start finish times for the right candidate
• Available for shifts between 8.30am – 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
• You will be employed by BSL Given the Chance
$18.13 per hour for trainee
$22.70 per hour for experienced business administrator
Naval Base Building 190, 190 Phillip Road, HMAS CERBERUS. VIC 3920
(Near Hastings) and work from home.
Would you like to apply to this job?