EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOUTH BASED IN FRANKSTON OR MORNINGTON PENINSULA
POSITION TITLE: Strategic Planning Trainee
CLASSIFICATION: Local Government Award
LEGAL EMPLOYER: Brotherhood of St Laurence – Given the Chance, 95 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy
HOST EMPLOYER: Frankston City Council
WORK LOCATION: Frankston
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Fixed Term for 12 months - full time
- To provide general administrative support to the Planning and Environment Department
- To provide an eligible candidate with experience in the performance of Council’s strategic and statutory planning duties.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assist with document management, including scanning and storing in relevant REM folder.
- Assist in all facets of office administration including, efficient word processing, file management, diary management, mail-outs, photocopying, general clerical tasks, note taking and transcribing, and maintaining departmental databases.
- Ensure the timely processing of invoices in accordance with Council procurement processes.
- Assist with the preparation of Strategic Planning letters and documentation, ensuring confidentiality on all matters.
- Assist with the organisation of Committee meetings that are facilitated by Strategic Planning including the setup/setdown of meeting rooms and the preparation of any relevant materials.
- Assist with the organisation of Council’s History Day including the management of invitations and catering.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of the Planning and Environment newsletter.
- Assist with the exhibition process for Strategic Planning projects which may include the delivery of documents to customer service centres, preparation of emails, drafting of invitations to meetings and mail-outs.
- Assist with the preparation of Council report attachments including photocopying, data entry and document preparation.
- Preliminary assessment of simple planning enquiries, applications and other planning tasks.
- Accompany Council Officers on site and compliance inspections.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Under supervision respond to enquiries about strategic studies, planning scheme amendments, amendment requests, and other planning matters.
- Demonstrated interest in business administration and undertaking a traineeship
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft applications (ie. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and in the formatting and layout of documents
- Demonstrated skills in managing time, setting priorities and planning and organising one’s own work.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills
- A current Victorian Driver Licence
APPLICATIONS CLOSE - Wednesday 18th September!