|GARDENING AND LANDSCAPER
The primary purpose of the Position is to assist is to carry out the work which is turf maintenance, weeding, spraying, machinery maintenance, general pruning, planting, Irrigation maintenance, climbing trees, pruning trees and watering and mulching. Safe operation of various horticulture machinery and work with teams across the City of Whittlesea
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- This is physical role so you need to be fit, and have ability to work on feet for extended period and in all types of weather
- You will need an attitude to learn and work within a team, this will be rewarded with further opportunity
- Commitment to delivering a quality service
- Good communication skills including verbal and written.
- Desire to undertake physical work.
- Understanding of Occupational Health and Safety requirements
- The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with fellow workers
- Understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the BSL and GreenLife Group
- A current Victorian driver’s license
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- A standard Police Check and fitness test will be performed on the successful applicant
- Valid work rights in Australia
- Physical, drug and alcohol assessment
- A three month probationary period applies
- The BSL operates a smoke-free work environment.
- Behave in accordance with the principles of the Brotherhood of St Laurence and GreenLife Group Code of Ethical Behavior.
- It is a condition of employment that all staff take responsibility for a safe and healthy work environment and have a commitment to equal employment opportunity and a workplace free from discrimination and harassment.
- The department promotes diversity and equal opportunity in employment.
- Salary is in line with the Gardening and Landscaping 2010 Modern Award.
- The Brotherhood operates a smoke-free work environment.