|GARDENING AND LANDSCAPING APPRENTICESHIP
The primary purpose of the Traineeship position is to assist in the implementation of the of the contract and service delivery needs. To carry out the role safely whilst training in a Certificate III qualification and learn whilst on the job. Duties involves maintenance work which is Turf maintenance, Weeding, Spraying, Machinery maintenance, General pruning, Planting, Irrigation maintenance, climbing trees, pruning trees, watering and mulching. Carry out operation of various horticulture machinery safely and work with teams across the City of Whittlesea
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Through training and supervision:
- perform Open space maintenance work as required this may include; Turf maintenance, Weeding, Spraying, Machinery maintenance, General pruning, Planting, Watering
- Irrigation maintenance, climb trees, prune trees and tree watering and mulching
- Operate and maintain various horticulture machinery in a safe and professional manner
- Work with moving teams across the contract
- Contribute to working safely at all times and following OHS
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- This is physical role so you need to be fit, and have ability to work on feet for extended periods and in all types of weather.
- You will need an attitude to learn and work within a team, this will be rewarded with further opportunity.
- Commitment to delivering a quality service
- Commitment to undertaking a traineeship in Certificate III in Horticulture
- Good communication skills including verbal and written.
- Desire to undertake physical work.
- Understanding of Occupational Health and Safety requirements
- The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with fellow workers
- Understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the BSL and GreenLife Group
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- A current Victorian driver’s license
- Duration 36 months or on completion of training.
- A standard Police Check and fitness test will be performed on the successful applicant
- Must be a Permanent Resident or Australian Citizen
- Physical, drug and alcohol assessment
- A three month probationary period applies
- The BSL operates a smoke-free work environment.
- All Trainees must attend training which will be paid training time.
- Behave in accordance with the principles of the Brotherhood of St Laurence and GreenLife Group Code of Ethical Behavior.
- It is a condition of employment that all staff take responsibility for a safe and healthy work environment and have a commitment to equal employment opportunity and a workplace free from discrimination and harassment.
- The department promotes diversity and equal opportunity in employment.
- Salary is in line with the Gardening and Landscaping 2010 Modern Award.
- The Brotherhood operates a smoke-free work environment.