|OFFICE CLEANING TRAINEE
Carry out office cleaning duties safely, gain a Certificate III qualification and learn whilst on the job.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Carry out cleaning services and through training, perform the following:
- Sweeping and mopping hard floors surfaces
- Spray buffing and restoring hard floor surfaces
- Dusting and detailing all office furnishings and fixtures
- Waste collection and disposal
- Toilet and washroom cleaning
- Kitchen and meal room cleaning
- Cleaning and germ proofing telephones
- Cleaning internal and external glass, mirrors
- Cleaning and attending to lifts and stairwells
2. Keep up to date with:
- Cleaning procedures and work instructions
- Occupational Health and Safety requirements
- Industry Codes of conduct
- Material Safety Data Sheets
- Ensure efficient cleaning service delivery according to the Cleaning Service Contract Work Specifications
- Fill out Communication Book as required
- Report damage and maintenance requirements to supervisor
- Ensure care and maintenance of cleaning equipment
- Ensure safe storage of equipment, stock and cleaning agents
- Undertake training consistent with Certificate III in Cleaning Operations (Asset Maintenance)
- Sign on and off daily
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Commitment to delivering a quality cleaning service
- Commitment to undertaking a traineeship in Certificate III in Cleaning Operations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills.
- Desire to undertake physical work.
- Drivers license desirable
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours eg: after 5.00pm or early mornings
- The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with fellow workers
- Understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the BSL and Clean Force.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Salary will be based on the National Training Wage Award Level B at $17.20 per hour
- Part time with a minimum of 15 hours per week
- evening work (between 5pm - 8pm) for 12 months.
- Trainees must attend training during business hours 4 hrs 1 x fortnight (this will be paid)
- A standard Police Check will be performed on the successful applicant.
- Must be a Permanent Resident or Australian Citizen
- A three month probationary period applies
- The BSL operates a smoke-free work environment.
- All staff are expected to behave in accordance with the principles of the Brotherhood of St Laurence Code of Ethical Behaviour.
- It is a condition of employment that all staff take responsibility for a safe and healthy work environment and have a commitment to equal employment opportunity and a workplace free from discrimination and harassment.