|The Personal Care Worker is responsible for the provision of residential aged care services to meet the social, physical, spiritual, cultural and emotional needs of the resident.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Understands the relevant standards, competencies and codes of practice
- Maintains skills and knowledge base to ensure safe care practices
- Demonstrates commitment to the needs of older people living in a residential care setting
- Demonstrates an understanding of the aging process and further develops skills
- Demonstrates the importance of accurate documentation
- Understands importance of mandatory reporting of suspected/ alleged reportable assaults
- All applicants will be subject to a Police check
- Salary will be based on the Aged Care Award 2010 - Modern Award Level 2 at $20.96 per hour
- The successful applicant must have a minimum Certificate III in Individual Care or equivalent- we will need to sight this as part of the selection process
- Hours will be Part time at 22.8 (0.6 FTE) hours per week
- This is a contract position for 6 months duration
- It is a condition of employment that all staff take responsibility for a safe and healthy work environment and have a commitment to equal employment opportunity and a workplace free from discrimination and harassment.
- The BSL and DHS operates a smoke-free work environment.