|PLEASE NOTE - THIS OPPORTUNITY IS OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF PUBLIC HOUSING ONLY - This role is to commence in May 2019 - Get in early if this sounds like you!
This is an amazing opportunity to start your career in the Security Industry - This is a 12 month paid traineeship - you will enter employment and study towards a Cert III in Security Operations at the same time!
Our traineeship has over 70% success rate in securing you full time employment once you complete!!
The Community Safety and Information Trainee position was developed as part of a State Government Housing and Community Building initiative in the Public Housing Estates in Fitzroy, Collingwood and Richmond.
The aim of the Community Safety and Information Trainee position is to establish a point of liaison between residents and the Office of Housing and to promote a secure and supportive environment for all communities on the Fitzroy, Collingwood and Richmond Housing Estates.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Customer service
2. Community safety
- Operate the tenancy and visitor verification system according to guidelines.
- Operate the restricted access system.
- Record incidents on the daily activity sheet and database as required.
- Report observed crime and vandalism to security/DHS.
- Liaise with Security and DHS to share information on concerns and issues.
- Provide a greater DHS human presence in the high rise towers.
- Complete mail drops and promote relevant services to residents
3. Community building
- Provide a welcome to new residents and introduce or inform them about the building and its facilities.
- Provide an information role between residents and the DHS.
- Provide a central information point in the building.
- Maintain formal communication links with the Housing Offices on all aspects related to the management of a safe, clean and functional estate.
- Assist to link residents with the relevant Housing Services Officers.
- Report environmental maintenance problems to Housing Offices as appropriate.
- Promote to local residents the existing channels for reporting environmental management problems
4. Security and Cleaning Services Support
- Facilitate complimentary and cooperative inter-agency relationships.
- Assist in developing resident involvement in the management of the building.
- Promote community development activities on the site.
- Maintain notice boards and pamphlet rack.
- Build and maintain an atmosphere of trust with the residents by demonstrating confidentiality and impartiality in all dealings.
- Inform residents in need of relevant services available e.g. Health, Housing, Recycling, etc.
- Inform residents about Community activities on the estate.
5. Training/Qualification Attainment
- Operate a restricted access system for the building within accepted guidelines
- Report observed crime and vandalism to security & DHS
- Follow, observe and report to security and Police in relation to aggressive and threatening behaviour
- Report environmental maintenance problems to the Housing office as appropriate
- Monitor building activities using CCTV and Two way radios
- Participate in all security training activities across the housing estates
- Attend all training sessions scheduled as per the training agreement on and off the job
- Complete all task based assessment towards agreed qualification
- Commitment to completing a Certificate II and III in Security Operations as a trainee
- The Community Safety and Information Trainee may be directed to carry out such duties as are within the limits of his/her skill, competence and training
Public housing tenants / residents are strongly encouraged to
Must be Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
Must not hold a Certificate II or III in Security Operations
Be reliable and punctual
Be 18 years of age or over
To be considered for this role you will also be required to have a clearance and complete the following:
National Police Check.
Working with Children Check.