This is a 12 Month youth traineeship - Applicants must be aged 18-24
You will be working closely with the Project Manager in providing support to the NDIS Workforce Development and Reform Steering Committee, including the preparation of presentations and agendas. This position will also support the Project Manager in the development and monitoring of risk registers, financial reports and project milestones. This position will require high level record, filing and document management necessary to monitor and control papers and other information required. The position will be required to provide guidance to support staff to ensure a high quality standard of work and successful delivery of projects.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Disability Workforce team, including the coordination of external consultations with key stakeholders throughout the development of the Workforce and Skills Plan and related projects. Through this role, you will learn about project management, policy and administration processes, basic financials and other administrative focused tasks.
Ideally the successful candidate will be a well-organised individual with an ability to prioritise tasks in a high pressure environment. Intermediate to advanced computer skills (email construction, setting of meetings, ability to use Microsoft software, browser navigation, ability to find information in electronic databases) and strong communication skills will be advantageous, as well as a high level of attention to detail and an ability to demonstrate flexibility within a working environment is required.
This role is for an enthusiastic individual who is looking to build a career in administration and is willing to take on this role to work as part of a team to provide excellent support.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the Disability Workforce team.
- Liaise with senior management, branch heads, departmental staff, and other public and private sector agencies in order to collect or convey information and arrange meetings.
- Under direction, prepare correspondence and presentations, undertake data entry for project reporting, collate and review incoming papers or briefings, and follow up actions by processing correspondence, ensuring department requirements are met.
- Assist in maintaining record, filing and document management systems necessary to monitor and control papers and other information required for the Disability Workforce team.
- Work cooperatively with other support staff to provide a range of services to Senior Executives in the Department of Premier and Cabinet.
Key selection criteria
- Planning and Organising
- Puts a high priority on accomplishing tasks and attaining results
- Takes an organised, methodical approach to work
- Identifies processes, tasks and resources required to achieve a goal
- Can assess and prioritise tasks and knows when to seek assistance
- Confidently and clearly conveys ideas and information
- Understands and meets the needs of the target audience and listens to audience feedback
- Makes a positive impression on others and is polite and courteous
- Prepares correspondence, briefings, reports, presentations and emails using clear, concise and grammatically correct language
- Edits written communications to ensure they contain the information necessary to achieve their purpose and meet audience needs
- Organises information in a logical sequence
- Includes content appropriate for the purpose and audience
- Team Work
- Collaborates and supports others in the pursuit of common goals
- Shows respect for others' views and contributions
- Accommodates and works well with the different working styles of others
- Stakeholder Management and Relationship Building
- Establishes and maintains relationships with people at all levels and from different backgrounds and organisations
- Builds trust through consistent actions, values and communication
- Is genuine, ethical and fair when dealing with people
- Has a strong sense of the impact of their personal style on others and adjusts this to strengthen relationships and achieve outcomes