The traineeship will be a structured training program providing the trainee with practical experience at work combined with off the job training. During this 12 month period the Corporate trainee will rotate through the back-office areas of Human Resources/Payroll (6 months), Finance (3 months) and Corporate Services which includes reception (3 months). The role will support these functions with administrative tasks, office management duties and project support.
The Trainee will report to the Human Resources Business Partner. - This role is part time, 4 days per week - Monday to Thursday.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assist with general administrative duties.
- Work collaboratively within teams to achieve common goals
- Contribute to a positive organisational culture
- Actively contribute to the mission and vision of the organisation, live its values and operate with a high-level of integrity.
- Comply with all legislative and regulatory requirements, organisational policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Support organisation-wide administrative, financial, and health and safety systems
- Provide timely and efficient administration assistance as required
- Maintain, compile and update databases and record information accurately and in a timely manner as required
- Verify data by reviewing and correcting information as required
- Utilize computerized data entry equipment and various word processing, excel spreadsheet and file maintenance programs to enter, store and/or retrieve information as required
- Maintain accurate and up to date records and take the initiative to identify data that is or appears incomplete or inaccurate
- Provide assistance with managing data and providing operational, progress and quality reports as required.
- Assist with the compilation of information for reports accurately and in a timely manner as required
- The incumbent may be directed to carry out such duties as are within the level of the position and scope of the incumbent’s competence and training as directed by the manager.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships and liaise across all levels both internally, externally and with people from diverse backgrounds
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills with the ability to plan workload, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge and competency in Microsoft Office Programs including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to identify and resolve problems and make appropriate recommendations
- Demonstrated commitment to high quality customer service
- A commitment to social justice and inclusion
- Competent and accurate with data entry with attention to detail
MANDATORY EMPLOYMENT CRITERIA
- Proof of eligibility to work in Australia is required
- A satisfactory Police Check is required. The Brotherhood will facilitate this process
- A Working with Children Check is required for this position.