The incumbent through training will be responsible for the daily centre operations including reception, centre facilities, customer service and general administration. This role requires a self-motivated person who is organised and able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people and organisations in a welcoming and supportive manner. This position is a 12 month traineeship - This role is based in FRANKSTON
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Front desk reception and foyer
- Provide customer service as the first point of contact via the telephone or people accessing the centre including:
- Answering incoming telephone calls, determining the purpose of callers and forwarding the calls to the appropriate person
- Recording and delivering messages when the appropriate person is unavailable.
- Answering questions about the organization and providing callers with general information as required
- Ensure communication in the centre is up to date and maintained including phone lists and notice boards
- Delegate tasks and assist volunteers with providing admin support for centre staff
General centre administration support
- Receive and sort incoming mail, including pickup and delivery to the Frankston post office each day
- Receive and process incoming faxes and re-direct to appropriate person
- Maintain the facsimile machine, photocopier, printer and assist using this equipment when required
- Photocopy, collate and distribute documents as required
- Assist in preparation of the minutes from Centre team meetings and OH&S meetings and distribute as required
- Monitor and maintain the Centre’s stationery supplies
- Monitor and maintain the Centre’s consumable supplies for both staff, clients and hirers
- Provide filing, mail merges and other general administrative tasks to the Centre team as required
- Compile information and reports as requested in a timely manner
- Arrange catering for meetings and functions as required
- Organise the archival and storage of records and files
- Receive and process bookings both internal and external room hire
- Process petty cash, invoices requests, internal transfers and invoices payable in a timely manner
- Maintain the front desk reception area, waiting area, interview rooms, training rooms, kitchen, kitchenette and other shared spaces including tidying, cleaning and replenishing supplies as needed
- Carry out opening and closing routine of centre’s facilities
- Assume higher duties when Facilities Coordinator is absent or on leave
- Assist with the setup of rooms for internal and external hirers as required including audiovisual equipment
- Contribute to the process of continuous improvement of administrative processes and procedures
Occupational Health & Safety
- All staff have as a minimum the following responsibilities with regard to Occupational Health and Safety:
- Following safe work procedures and practices in accordance with current operating procedures
- Taking reasonable care for the health and safety of self and others who may be affected by their conduct in the workplace
- Seeking guidance for all new or modified work practices
- Ensuring that any hazardous conditions, near misses and/or injuries are reported to a supervisor
- Participating in meetings, training and other health and safety activities
- Using equipment and materials in compliance with relevant guidelines or instructions, without wilful interference or misuse
- The Administration Assistant Trainee may be directed to carry out such duties as are within the limits of his/her skill, competence and training
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- This is a traineeship position where learning will be done on the job
- High level of initiative and the ability to problem solve in a supported environment
- A willingness to commit to on-and-off the job training in accordance with their training contract
- Good computer skills, including a working knowledge of MS Office Software
- Displays appropriate organisational, prioritizing and time management skills
- Self-motivation, with the ability to interact with and contribute to a team
- Displays appropriate interpersonal and communication skills, and through training the ability to advise and liaise across all levels of the Brotherhood and external organisations
- Demonstrates customer service skills
- A practical understanding of the function of a Community based Centre
- Understanding of sympathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood
- The successful applicant must be a Permanent Resident or Australian citizen.
- Salary will be based on the National Training Wage Schedule, and conditions from the Clerks Private Sector Award 2010 level A at $16.18 per hour.
- The position is a full time traineeship contracted for 12 months and will be 40hr per week with an ADO.
- The successful applicant must undertake a Certificate III in Business.
- A satisfactory Police Check conducted by the Brotherhood of St Laurence will be required as a condition to start employment.
- A working with Children’s Check will be required.
- It is a condition of employment that all staff take responsibility for a safe and healthy work environment and have a commitment to equal employment opportunity and a workplace free from discrimination and harassment.
- A three month probationary period applies.