|PLEASE NOTE - THIS OPPORTUNITY IS OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF PUBLIC HOUSING ONLY - This role is to commence April 2018 - Get in early if this sounds like you!
This is an amazing opportunity to start your career in the Security Industry - This is a 12 month paid traineeship - you will enter employment and study towards a Cert III in Security Operations at the same time!
Our traineeship has a 90% success rate in securing you full time employment once you complete!!
The Community Safety and Information Trainee position was developed as part of a State Government Housing and Community Building initiative in the Public Housing Estates in Fitzroy, Collingwood and Richmond.
The aim of the Community Safety and Information Trainee position is to establish a point of liaison between residents and the Office of Housing and to promote a secure and supportive environment for all communities on the Fitzroy, Collingwood and Richmond Housing Estates.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Customer service
2. Community safety
- Operate the tenancy and visitor verification system according to guidelines.
- Operate the restricted access system.
- Record incidents on the daily activity sheet and database as required.
- Report observed crime and vandalism to security/DHS.
- Liaise with Security and DHS to share information on concerns and issues.
- Provide a greater DHS human presence in the high rise towers.
- Complete mail drops and promote relevant services to residents
3. Community building
- Provide a welcome to new residents and introduce or inform them about the building and its facilities.
- Provide an information role between residents and the DHS.
- Provide a central information point in the building.
- Maintain formal communication links with the Housing Offices on all aspects related to the management of a safe, clean and functional estate.
- Assist to link residents with the relevant Housing Services Officers.
- Report environmental maintenance problems to Housing Offices as appropriate.
- Promote to local residents the existing channels for reporting environmental management problems
4. Security and Cleaning Services Support
- Facilitate complimentary and cooperative inter-agency relationships.
- Assist in developing resident involvement in the management of the building.
- Promote community development activities on the site.
- Maintain notice boards and pamphlet rack.
- Build and maintain an atmosphere of trust with the residents by demonstrating confidentiality and impartiality in all dealings.
- Inform residents in need of relevant services available e.g. Health, Housing, Recycling, etc.
- Inform residents about Community activities on the estate.
5. Training/Qualification Attainment
- Operate a restricted access system for the building within accepted guidelines
- Report observed crime and vandalism to security & DHS
- Follow, observe and report to security and Police in relation to aggressive and threatening behaviour
- Report environmental maintenance problems to the Housing office as appropriate
- Monitor building activities using CCTV and Two way radios
- Participate in all security training activities across the housing estates
- Attend all training sessions scheduled as per the training agreement on and off the job
- Complete all task based assessment towards agreed qualification
- Commitment to completing a Certificate II and III in Security Operations as a trainee
- The Community Safety and Information Trainee may be directed to carry out such duties as are within the limits of his/her skill, competence and training