Finance and Administration Trainee - Youth Employment Scheme Trainee
Please note: This opportunity is only open to candidates aged 18-24
As this is a traineeship, applicants must not have already attained any prior qualifications above Cert II in order to be elligble for this role
The Melbourne Metro Rail Authority has an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to receive structured on-the-job training and a Certificate III in Business Administration as the city’s newest underground rail line is designed and delivered.
Does this sound like YOU?! Click APPLY NOW!
Key Selection Criteria
- Working alongside industry professionals, support project finance, budgeting and reporting activities, building a broad understanding of the financial transaction, purchase order and accounts payable administration.
- Develop an understanding of supporting financial control environment via financial reviews and reconciliations.
- Provide key administrative support services to the Finance, Budgeting and Reporting teams.
- Support monthly accruals process ensuring appropriate substantiation is available for review and audit.
- Build an understanding of financial administration requirements within major infrastructure projects, including gaining an oversight into the requirements of each team member’s role and accountabilities.
- Assist with Reception duties as required.
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for developing a career within Finance and Administration teams (detail above)
- Demonstrated commitment to completing projects and activities, including study, social and workplace related.
- Ability to communicate ideas and information in a confident manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Capacity to work in a methodical manner and prioritise work as required to meet team objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and resolve problems, including developing innovative solutions.
- Strong willingness to develop a broad range of capabilities and support successful project delivery.