Undertake ground maintenance and landscaping duties while training on the job in horticultural practices and procedures.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
GENERAL DUTIES - (Onsite learning)
- Basic grounds maintenance including mowing, brushcutting, edging, watering, pruning, hedging, weeding, etc.
- Plant removal.
- Spraying - insecticidal, weedicide, herbicide.
- Transplanting, replanting, soiling and mulching.
- Top-dressing, seeding and turfing.
- Construction of new gardens.
- Irrigation - monitor, repair, install.
- Planting, staking and tying.
- Repair and service of equipment.
- Base maintenance
- Vehicle maintenance
- Arbology - uplifting, reducing, training, dead wooding, limb removal and aerial work.
SPECIFIC DUTIES -
- Works under direct supervision.
- Exercises minimal judgment.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of work of self within the scope of work undertaken.
- Carries out instructions and procedures.
- Completion of paperwork/documentation as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
APPLY NOW by clicking below.
- Duty of care on the job at all times.
- On the job training in horticultural practices and procedures.
- Exhibit a willingness to learn about their chosen field.
- Will undertake further studies at a TAFE college.