Receptionist Trainee - Youth Employment Scheme Trainee
Please note: this opportunity is only open to applicants aged 18-24 years old
As this is a traineeship applicants must not have attained any prior qualifications above Cert II in order to be elligble
The Melbourne Metro Rail Authority has an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to receive structured on-the-job training and a Certificate III in Business Administration as the city’s newest underground rail line is designed and delivered.
Key Selection Criteria
- Deliver professional reception duties for the Melbourne Metro Rail Authority, including greeting visitors, operating the switchboard, answering general queries, forwarding calls, taking messages and conducting any necessary follow-up actions.
- Undertake a broad range of administrative support tasks, including arranging meetings, delivery docket management, printing/collating/binding documentation and other general tasks.
- Maintain MMRA meeting room booking schedules. Ensure all meeting rooms are tidy and issues are escalated appropriately.
- Support maintenance of business support registers, local records and document management databases and assist team members with electronic records management.
- Ensure the project office breakout areas and kitchens are maintained in a tidy manner and fully stocked.
- Ensure office facilities are maintained and functional, including reporting and closing out building maintenance issues.
- Provide administrative support services across a broad range of Finance and Administration tasks.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for developing a career within Finance and Administration teams (detail above)
- Demonstrated commitment to completing projects and activities, including study, social and workplace related.
- Ability to communicate ideas and information in a confident manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Capacity to work in a methodical manner and prioritise work as required to meet team objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and resolve problems, including developing innovative solutions.
- Strong willingness to develop a broad range of capabilities and support successful project delivery.