This opportunity is a Youth Employment Scheme Traineeship in Finance Admin and is only open to candidates aged 18-24.
Applicants must not already have attained any prior qualifications above a Cert II in order to be elligble for this program.
The role will:
• Work with the Accounting Services Team, within Financial Services
• You will be supported in this role by the Accounting Services Team Lead and other members of the team.
• Ability to write articulately
• Ability to communicate on the phone
• Have a keen interest in administrative functions
• Enjoy working with other team members, with the ability to work autonomously if required
Benefits and Culture
• Supportive, diverse and inclusive work environment
• Opportunities for professional and personal development
• Flexible working arrangements and family friendly practices
At VicRoads, we embrace diversity and inclusion and we are proud that our workforce reflects the community we serve. We support our people to work flexibly, ask us how we could structure this role to accommodate your needs.
Key Tasks for this role
1. Managing VicRoad's motor vehicle log book, this would involve liaisoning with various business areas within VR’s, reviewing the odometer readings on the form for accuracy and following up with our VR’s staff when the forms are not accurate.
2. Support and maintenance of our Billview system (telephones), this would involve answering queries from staff on their VR’s phone bills and updating the databases with current information.
3. Ordering of our Financial Services staff stationery ordering.
4. Purchase card follow ups with our VR’s staff to ensure staff are complying with VR's policies and procedures.
5. Opportunity to assist the financial staff with adhoc admin and financial tasks as required.
With all the above tasks you will be trained and guided by the Accounting Services Team members to accommodate your learning style.