|Indigenous and disability candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
As this is a traineeship applicants must not have attained any prior qualifications above Cert II in order to be elligble
Local Area Coordination (LAC) is a pivotal function in the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). LAC provides planning and coordination to support people with disability in exercising choice and control over the services they use. LAC promotes community inclusion and supports the development of mainstream services that are accessible to people with disability.
The Customer Service Officer Trainee supports the day to day operations of the LAC Offices, acting as the first point of contact for email and phone enquiries from people with a disability and other stakeholders. The Customer Service Officer effectively responds to and directs enquiries to ensure people making contact with the organisations experience a high level of customer service and timely and accurate information.
As a trainee, the incumbent will have fewer accountabilities and responsibilities to their non-trainee Customer Service Officer peers. The incumbent will be expected to: proactivity participate in their traineeship through the timely completion of learning modules, coordinate regular mentoring sessions with the Team Assistant/Workplace Trainer and Assessor and apply learnings to workplace practice. Time during business hours will be allocated for the incumbent to complete learning modules as agreed between the Team Assistant, Workplace Trainer and Assessor and incumbent.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Teamwork and Accountability
- Work collaboratively within teams to achieve common goals
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Brotherhood’s quality framework and culture by participating in and promoting quality actions through continual improvement activities
- Model the Brotherhood values and adhere to the Code of Ethical Behaviour in everyday work practices
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensure steps are taken to prevent unsafe work practices in accordance with Brotherhood policies and procedures.
2. Customer Service Operation
- maintain databases and confidential information
- support the customer service function and the smooth running of the day to day operations
- provide meet and greet function at the front desk for designated site
- support communications with members of the LAC team
- ensure the customer service function acts as the first point of contact for incoming calls and general enquiries
- ensure enquiry details are logged and appropriately responded to or triaged to the appropriate role
- support procedures and processes to enhance the quality of customer service operations, ultimately delivering the best customer experience
- lead by example and champion a culture where there is a strong focus on providing a high level of customer service at all times
- assist with enquiries and resolve issues relating to appointments and scheduling with the LAC team in a timely manner
- ensure that all confidential information is stored safely and the security of the office and its equipment is maintained according to procedure
- Contribute to the development of streamlined and effective administration procedures.
3. Administration Support to LAC Team
- monitor facilities management for each site including liaising to ensure contractor work is completed e.g. clearning log
- provide administrative support at sites during peak times/leave
- maintain the security key log and lock up management
- maintain folder management and document management
- order office supplies according to procedure
- book activities including event booking, training booking
- The incumbent may be directed to carry out such duties as are within the level of the position and scope of the incumbent’s competence and training as directed by the Team Assistant.